Child Support Establishment & Modification

Family Law Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL

Ovadia Law Group provides efficient representation to clients facing family law issues. Child support establishment and modification in Florida can be complicated. It is important to hire experienced legal services to protect your interests. If you are seeking to establish child support, or you need to modify an existing child support order, our Boca Raton family law attorneys can help. We will analyze your situation and walk you through the legal process as you seek a beneficial outcome.

Contact us today to discuss your case with a member of our team. We offer free consultations for your convenience.

Child Support Guidelines in Florida

Under Florida laws, each parent has a legal duty to provide financial support for a minor or legally dependent child. The child support schedule is based on the Income Shares Model. Florida child support guidelines promote the fair and efficient arrangement of support payments to minimize the need for litigation.

Child support settlements will be issued by a court, and both parties must comply with the stipulations. If one party refuses to pay the support, he or she may face administrative penalties. The monthly net income includes salary, wages, workers’ comp benefits, bonuses, commissions, Social Security benefits, interest and dividends, rental income, spousal support from a previous marriage, income from trusts, royalties, or estates, business income, and other sources of income.

Can I Modify a Child Support Order in Florida?

In the state of Florida, either parent may modify a child support order. However, you must prove two things: that there has been a significant change in circumstances, and that the modification is in the best interests of the child. Our Boca Raton family law lawyers can analyze your options and walk you through the process.

A significant change of circumstances may involve:

  • Loss of a job
  • Permanent relocation
  • Remarriage
  • Health crisis

If it is deemed to be in the child’s best interests, the court will grant the modification. You will need to file a petition, and the other parent will have 20 days to respond. If the parent fails to answer, or agrees with your petition, you may go to a hearing where the court will modify the original order. However, if the spouse contests the petition, you may need to use mediation or litigation to seek a favorable result.

Call Ovadia Law Group Today at (561) 513-5519

At Ovadia Law Group, we strive to provide compassionate, personalized, and attentive legal services to our clients. We understand that family law matters are sensitive, and will use efficient legal strategies as you seek to establish or modify a child support order. Our Boca Raton family law attorneys stay up to date on federal and state laws. We will answer your questions and communicate with you from start to finish.

If you want to establish child support, or you need to modify a child support order, contact our firm today.

Our Clients Say It Best

  • Ovadia Law Group They align themselves with your needs and goals while assuring that you have the best representation possible!
  • Ovadia Law Group Outstanding service!
  • Ovadia Law Group They made sure I got all the medical treatments I needed to get better and also get me a great settlement!
  • Ovadia Law Group His office got the insurance company to take care of all of our medical bills and they took care of everything from A-Z.
  • Ovadia Law Group This was my best experience with a law office so far. Very helpful staff.
  • Ovadia Law Group Abe does an excellent job!
Prev Next

Call Us for a Free Consultation

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.