Summer Vacation & Safety Tips
Planning for a summer vacation can be time-consuming, as it is a highly anticipated event that everyone looks forward to. With summer vacation comes plenty of adventures, opportunities to relax, travel, and a change in your regular routine. As excited as we can be whilst planning our summer trips and vacations, we have to remember there is certain need for safety awareness during a summer vacation, especially when travelling with children. Nothing is worse than a trip being ruined because of an unexpected injury or accident that could have been prevented.
Keep the following summer vacation and safety tips in mind before embarking on a trip:
- Practice sun safety – Sunburns can ruin a perfectly good trip, which is why it is essential you prevent them proper prevention such as applying sunscreen with a high SPF.
- Never swim alone – Drowning is far more common than you think, especially in children. Whether you are in a pool or the ocean, you should always employ the buddy system and never swim alone.
- Avoid dehydration – Dehydration is one of those things that can creep up on you without you even realizing it, which is why it is essential you drink plenty of water and take breaks often when you are under the sun for extended periods of time.
- Wear a helmet – With summer vacation comes plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities. Whether you are biking, rollerblading, or partaking in any other physical activity, you can prevent fatal brain injuries with a helmet.
- Sunglasses – Your eyes can be easily damaged by the harsh rays of the sun, which is why it is important you don’t spend all day squinting against the burning sunshine. Wear your sunglasses to ensure your eyes are protected at all times.
- Bring necessary medication – Prescription medication must be the first thing on your packing list, as nothing is worse than arriving in a new destination and realizing you’re missing the medication you need. Certain over-the-counter medications are also vital to bring along.
Contact Our Florida Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one have suffered from injuries due to no fault of your own because of a summer vacation or trip, you may be entitled to compensation regarding your injury. At Ovadia Law Group, we understand accidents happen, which is why we are prepared to represent you in the case of personal injury.
If someone else is responsible for the injuries incurred, they need to be held responsible for your medical bills, time off work, and pain and suffering. We will work tirelessly to provide you with the legal representation you deserve, and our skilled personal injury lawyers are proud to serve the people of Florida. Our legal team has the experience and education to back you in any personal injury case, and we look forward to helping you fight for the rights you are entitled to.
To schedule an initial consultation and speak to a representative, don’t hesitate to call us at 561.513.5519.