Push For Mandatory BI Likely Dead This Session
This is not my opinion. I’m not an insider with the Florida Legislature. I’m just reporting an article I found about PIP:
According to a journalist for The Current SB 1888 (prev SPB 7152) died because:
- It isn’t on the Senate’s calendar and
- Only the Senate President can put it on the calendar
- The spokesperson for the Senate President said he has no plans to add it to the calendar
- Their isn’t a similar bill in the House
- The “pip reforms” in the 2012 session barely passed and were last minute due to Gov Scott’s push
- United Auto Ins Co didn’t pay Gov Scott or the Senate President $100,000 like they did last year
Even if the writer for The Current is correct and the push to eliminate
PIP is dead this session, PIP will likely be on the chopping block next session.
BE READY TO FIGHT WITH INSURANCE LOBBYISTS NEXT SESSION AS THEY POUR MORE MONEY INTO THE HANDS OF POLITICIANS SO INSURERS GET MORE MONEY IN PREMIUMS AND CAN PROVIDE LESS COVERAGE.