Form- Affidavit When Patient Isn't Included On Police Report
Please see the attached Affidavit regarding non-inclusion in a police report. It is to be used when a patient is treating at your office and was not included on the police report.
This form should be used to “CYA” in the event the insurance company claims the patient was not involved in the motor-vehicle accident because the patient was not listed on the police report. It should not be sent to the insurance company unless they deny your bills.
Because patient’s can be hard to reach after they stop treating it is best to get the patient to complete this affidavit while they are still treating. Also, please make sure they get this form notarized.
Abraham S. Ovadia, Esq.
STATE OF FLORIDA
COUNTY OF ___________________
AFFIDAVIT REGARDING NON-INCLUSION IN POLICE REPORT
After being duly sworn, I state upon personal knowledge that:
- I am ________________________; I am over the age of 18; and I am legally competent.
- I was involved in a motor vehicle collision on or about _____________________.
- I was not included in the police report; however, I was inside the motor vehicle at the time of the motor vehicle collision.
- I do not know why the police officer failed to list me as a passenger in the police report.
- The following people were also inside the motor vehicle at the time of collision:
Further Affiant Sayeth Naught.
Print Patient Name
Sworn to before me, a Notary Public of this State, by __________________________, who is/not personally known to me and presented ___________________________ as identification this _____ Day of _____________________, 20___.